In this “Pics or it Didn’t Happen”Instagram scavenger hunt, you’ll walk around the city, discover new places and learn about what artists have been getting up to in Calgary. Each time you complete a scavenger hunt challenge you’ll earn an entry into a draw to win an Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality system! Make it a family excursion, go on a solo adventure, or grab a group of friends as you trek through the city.
We are launching a quarterly newsletter for The Social Impact Lab AB in late July. Don't miss out on these exciting updates!
RULES OF PLAY
1. Check out the list of objectives (link below). Screenshot, download the PDF to your device, print it off… whatever is easiest, but this will be your main resource for the scavenger hunt.
2. Follow @thesocialimpactlab on Instagram! We just might slide into your DMs if you’re the winner. Please make sure your profile is public!
3. Take a picture (selfie or self-less…it’s your choice) or a video of each challenge with the corresponding hashtag and post it to Instagram. All hashtags must be included to be a valid entry for the draw.
Add the tags: @thesocialimpactlab #SILhunt
Additional tag for Arts Commons: @yycarts
Feel free to add hashtags associated with any of the artists/places you are enjoying on the hunt!
4. Each challenge on the list will have information related to that objective – about the artist, about the cause, or about the space.
5. Each objective posted to Instagram is an entry into the draw to win an Oculus Quest 2! If you’re playing as a group, make sure everyone shares their own post.
6. Posts will only be counted between May 2 and June 12, 2022.
7. The winner will be announced on June 14, 2022 and contacted via Instagram DM and tagged in a post from @thesocialimpactlab. The account that was used to submit the winning entry is the account that will be contacted.
8. And, of course we want everyone to have fun!
Estimated time: 2 hours
Requirements: Instagram & a sense of wonder